You should immediately notify MEDICAL MUTUAL of any incident that may lead to or trigger a medical negligence claim. You should also contact MEDICAL MUTUAL to discuss any requests to meet with attorneys regarding your care of a patient. In the event you receive a notice of a lawsuit, or a claim letter from any attorney, swift reporting is crucial to allow MEDICAL MUTUAL to respond within the alloted time frame.
Reporting a Claim
There are several ways to contact MEDICAL MUTUAL to report a claim, lawsuit or incident:
- Telephone - Call us at 800-492-0193 and inform the operator that you are an Insured reporting a new claim.
- Online - Click here to login to the secure area of the site and report a claim.
- Fax - Fax any documents you receive to 410-785-3057.
After reporting a claim, please note the following precautions:
- Do not ignore any legal papers you receive pertaining to your lawsuit. Forward all materials to MEDICAL MUTUAL immediately.
- Do not respond to any legal papers before contacting MEDICAL MUTUAL.
- Do not discuss the circumstances surrounding the incident with anyone other than the attorney representing you or a MEDICAL MUTUAL Claims Representative.
- Do not make any additions or deletions to the patient's records.
- Do not attempt to contact the patient filing the lawsuit in any way.
- Do not review any medical literature specific to alleged or potential claim.